Monday, March 9, 2009

My Father's Son

Matthew 5:43-45

"(43)You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy; (44) But I tell you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, (45) To show that you are the children of your Father Who is in heaven..."

Over the last 2 weeks, We have been talking about traps or Pit Falls that the enemy uses to distract us from God's purpose and plan. On this past Sunday, We discovered that fouls or offenses are one such trap. It robs us of power and authority. Not worth the loss in my opinion but when the offense is great or the wound by someone we love it makes matters more difficult.

I asked us to take the next 7 days to show mercy and kindness (forgiveness)to someone who offended or fouled us. I did mine today. I wrote and blessed someone who had fouled me. Man it felt really good.

I am my Father in Heavens son. Be Blessed!

No comments: