Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fire Cedars

My friend Jerry always prays for me and others that we would be the oaks of God. Big oaks start with small cedars. Solomon used something called fire cedars to build the temple. It's said that shepherds used it to make fires at night because it was saturated in oil, would ignite easily, and burn a long time. What a picture.

God gathered 120 fire cedars in the upper room, and "suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit" (Ac 2:2-4 NKJV). That day 3,000 souls were won to Christ!

The church was born in the fire and has been sustained by the fire - and we must not let that fire go out! Even in the days of the Old Testament tabernacle, God commanded His people to take the fire that burned on the altar and carry it with them wherever they went. In other words we need a true revival. When revival comes it will focus on who we are not what we do. Let's ask ourselves this:

(1) Is it scriptural? (See Isa 8:20).
(2) Does it magnify the person of Christ? (See Jn 3:30 NKJV).
(3) Does it demonstrate God's love? (See Ac 2:44-45).
(4) Does it win souls and turn them into disciples? "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples" (Jn 15:8 NKJV).

If we can have this kind of move of God, we will be the Oaks of God. Keep on praying Jerry!!!!

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Wow, OK, so now I understand my week with clarity. The power of God this week has been incredable. I received a request from my good friend Erin who leads the Band of Brothers that I study with every Sunday morning. He wanted to gather at my house for us to lay hands on him before his journey to Arkansas. Three others also joined us, Shawn, Stephen and Bobby. Powerful men of God seeking the deep things of the Spirit. The anointing was heavy all day Tuesday in expectation of our meeting. To prepare ourseves for prayer, the Holy Spirit asked me to read Colossians 2:2-3 from the amplified and 1 Corinthians 12:1-11 from the NIV. The power of God was heavy. After reading the scripture we laid hands on Erin and prayed for him and then on one another. When praying the presence of God was moving back and forth between us and I could feel breezes moving past my body. Three of the four at this meeting were at our Pentecost Sunday service. Shawn was trembling tring to keep back the tears, Bobby was given a word and we prayed for Stephan to be healed. At the end of our meeting I told these men that they will be known as "mighty oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor." There was such a sweet fragrance and aroma of the Spirit after they left. The remnant power of God was so strong that I was up all Tuesday night in intercessory prayer. And then the when the prophetic word came to the church Wednesday night, I almost collapsed in the presence of God. If I had not gone to the Wednesday night service I would not have tasted of the Spiritual food He provided. I love you PK!!!!