Tuesday, March 9, 2010

THE WAITING GAME

It doesn't take very long to discover that God's timing is not always our timing. It's easy to question and wonder why you've been waiting for your breakthrough for 15 years and your neighbor got their breakthrough in 15 minutes! In the Bible, Abraham waited 20 years for his promise, and in the upper room they waited about ten days. I don't know how long you'll have to wait, but you've got to understand that God has your best interest at heart. This is really is the question of faith. Do I believe that God is who he says he is and do I believe that God will do ALL he has promised. Is God working for me? I know today that one of the motivations for me to work so hard is to provide for my wife and children what they need at the time that they need it. If that is my motivation and I am a man and God’s ways are higher than mine, then how much more God is working in my behalf!

I have always loved this scripture that I am about to share with you but I really love this translation. Maybe it helps explain the waiting deal a little better. “The Lord isn't really being slow about His promise, as some people think. No, He is being patient for your sake…"(2 Peter 3:9, NLT) He is being patient for our sake. He's aligning things and waiting for the exact right moment! If we'll just continue waiting with the right attitude, then at the right time, God will bring it to pass.

Remember, God is always working behind the scenes for our good. Just because we don't see any changes taking place doesn't mean they aren't happening. Stay in Faith, keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping because the breakthrough is coming for our sakes!

1 comment:

lablab said...

nice one! keep up the good work. :)