Recently, I drove by the Six Flags theme park outside of Atlanta and visible from the interstate was the Super Mindbender roller coaster. As an elementary school student, just the thought of this ride made me sick to my stomach. As an adult riding by in the car I thought to myself, "Didn't that use to be much bigger?" I guess that's what 30 or 40 years of distance will do for you! I guess the truth is I saw it for what it really was! Not a kid terrifying nightmare but just another fun them park ride. The word acknowledge means just that, "to see things for what they really are." God has much to say about acknowledgement in His Word. He says in Proverbs 3:6, If we'll acknowledge Him in all we do, He promises to go before us and make the crooked places straight. (I encourage you to take a few minutes and look in your concordance at some other things God has to say about acknowledgment.)
Isaiah 26:3-4 (NLT) says, "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock." That means He will cause the right people to show up. He will open doors that we could not open. He will crown our efforts with success. Acknowledging God isn't something we should just do every once in a while. He should always be on our minds. Think about two people when they are first dating. They are so enthralled with one another that no matter what they are doing, they are thinking about the other person. Well, that's how Isaiah says we should be with God. First thing in the morning when we wake up, we should acknowledge Him, while we're getting ready, while we're driving, and all throughout the day. Let's not allow the distractions of this temporary world to take our focus. Let's be determined to make our relationship with the Father our highest priority. Keep your mind stayed on Him, and He will direct your steps! Good news!
Here is a sample of our current Wednesday night series called, "PEOPLE GOD LIKES TO BLESS"
MERCY: give to others what is needed not what is deserved
"God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy." -Matthew 5:7
WHY BE MERCIFUL TO OTHERS?
1. BECAUSE GOD HAS SHOWN ME MERCY- Eph. 2:4-5; Matthew 18:33 (NLT)
2. IT'S REQUIRED AND COMMANDED BY GOD- Micah 6:8;Hosea 6:6
3. I'LL NEED MORE MERCY IN THE FUTURE- James 2:13 (NCV)
4. IT CAUSES HAPPINESS- Proverbs 14:21 (TEV)
5. I HELP MYSELF- Proverbs 11:17 (GW)
HOW CAN I BE MERCIFUL?
1.BE PATIENT WITH OTHERS WIERD BEHAVIOR- Ephesians 4:2 (LB); James 3:17 (NLT)
2. HELP HURTING PEOPLE IN YOUR PATH Proverbs 3:27 (TEV); Romans 12:8
3. FORGIVE THE FALLEN- Ephesians 4:31-32 (CEV)
4. DO GOOD TO OFFENDERS-Luke 6:35-36 (NIV)
5. GIVE UNLIMITED KINDNESS- 1 Timothy 1:13,16; Jude 1:22-23 (GW/NLT)
6. BUILD BRIDGES TO THE REJECTED AND OUTSIDERS- Matthew 9:10-13 (NLT)
7. VALUE RELATIONSHIPS OVER RULES-Matthew 12:1-8 (NLT)