Thursday, October 9, 2008

HINDERED PRAYER

"If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." 1 John 5:14 NKJV
Hindrances to answered prayer

Another hindrance to answered prayer is - praying outside of God's will. The Bible says: "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us and...we know...that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." One of the best ways to make sure we are praying according to God's will, is to pray according to His Word. Use a verse, a passage or a principle from Scripture to back up what you're praying, for God says, "I am ready to perform My word" (Jer 1:12 NKJV).

Sometimes there are things we want to pray for, but we aren't sure whether those things are God's will for us according to Scripture. In this case we simply need to ask God to give it, if it's His will to do so - and to help us to be satisfied with His decision. St. Augustine said, "O, Lord, grant that I may do thy will as if it were mine; so that thou mayest do my will as if it were thine." D.L. Moody said, "Spread out your petition before God, and then say, 'Thy will, not mine, be done.' The sweetest lesson I have learned in God's school, is to let the Lord choose for me."

When we pray in harmony with God, we will have what we ask for. We may have to wait, because God's timing is part of His will, but it will come. We can say, "I may not see it yet, but God has promised it to me, so it's on the way." And if God doesn't give us what we ask for, He will give us something better, if we walk in faith and keep a good attitude.

Keep on Praying,

Pastor Kevin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God's timing isn't always my timing but I find that I'm only trying to satisfy my own flesh. It's not until I truly surrender that thing I'm worrying about to God do I find that I really wasn't designed to worry about things. I was designed to be a receiver and a giver, God is the source and provider for all I need.